Monday, June 1, 2009

Contemplations

"I am a watcher
I came as a visitor and
I am still watching my mind now"
. . . Zim Ngqawana
I think that I am entering a new phase in my life. I sense within me a shift of priorities.
I am certainly entering a new phase in my life, spiritually speaking, where I sense the need to always weigh personal ambitions against the welfare of those around me.
The quest for a personal, practical and fine balance between the intellect and intuition all of a sudden seems like a wholesome pursuit worthy of a life-long commitment.
There was a time in my life, when I was hard-hearted, uncaring and ungrateful.
Today. I see myself differently. I am learning to bring a sense of balance in my life. I am learning to prioritize and live by a value system based primarily on elevating the concerns and needs of those around me, my loved ones, above my own.
Selflessness, empathy and the desire to treat others with honour have always been part of my life, but now it seems to me that I am awakening to a much higher level of relationship with others.
I am asking myself whether I have been missing the human experience all along?
I am wondering if I am, perhaps, stepping into sentimentality? I am really not sure.
These are some of the issues gripping my mind as I begin the first week of June.
I have got to go. Bye.

6 comments:

The Author said...

Not sentimentality, my friend, humanity! You are slowly rising to gain the essence of true humanity. I am jealous!

posekyere said...

Thanks NY!
Then I suppose am on the right track. Friends like you help us to discover the concept of 'ubuntu'.
I hope I keep doing what is right and proper.
Bless you!!

novisi said...

self examination!

really cool!

humanity is what i've also been championing ever since i realised the need!

at the end of the day whatever we do affects our fellows, be it good or bad. so why not just settle for good when we 'humanly' can?

i'm with you!

posekyere said...

Thanks Nov!
You have summed it up so dutifully and beautifully.
I am a believer in your sermon. If at least 10% of all human kind try to live by such a noble principle the world will be a far better place.
Bless you!!!

Adaeze said...

You are so blessed Posekyere to reach this point. Congratulations on entering that new phase.
I have been weighing my personal decisions against the welfare of not only the ones around me but people far away since as long as I can remember.. Hmm what does that make me? I think I need to learn to set myself a little higher sometimes. I've been working on it and I am better, but not perfect.

posekyere said...

Thanks Adaeze.
I am happy you do.
Your writing tells me you are indeed a beautiful soul.
May you thrive on this path!
Bless you!!