- knowing the difference between what you really need and what you think you want. To many there is no difference at all, but to the disciplined, that is the essence of life. The fact that it looks nice does not mean it is indispensable.
- keeping a balanced and reasonable perspective in everything. Eat what you may, but always from a small plate. Waste not want not. Never overtreat your ego.
- making sure you don't leave your fair lady at base camp whilst you gallop to mount pleasant. Wham bam thank you madam is irreverent. Instead try not to hang up until she is banged up. In all give-and-takes, let her get more than she has bargained for. Remember that the game between the sheets must be an equitable and equilateral marathon, for goodness sake.
- realising that money can procure some happiness, but much depends on how the cash got into your hands in the first place. It is important to defer some joy for your own good. Don't be insatiable, it will only bring grief.
- realising that doing nothing about that low libido is the shortest path for her/him into the hands of that dog/bimbo down the lane. Until you do, prepare yourself for a war which you have no hope of winning.
- knowing that thinking is also part of the deal. So give yourself regular time to stare at the wall. Whatever the colour! What you sow is what you reap. Even in the desert!
- taking responsibility. Don't become an addict to anything or anybody, even to yourself. Keep some space for the unexpected. Why fill up with junk simply because it is available. Have some big dream. If it does not come to pass, what do you lose?
Friday, May 15, 2009
If You Give A Darn
A Healthy appetite is ....